Here’s our guide to the best electric citrus juicer. It time for you to enjoy the taste of freshly squeezed juice everyday with the help of our top rated citrus juicers in the market today.
Want to enjoy a glass of fresh juice every morning and so are looking for the best electric citrus juicer that extracts fruit juice without too much effort? You have come to the right place to find the perfect citrus juicer for your needs.
Like every other gadget or appliance, citrus juicers also have dozens of best electric citrus juicer models with features and prices that start from less than $20 and go all the way $250 plus. It is really hard to pinpoint a particular model with so much choice.
Are you looking for a model that is simple to operate?
Is price a major factor in buying the juicer?
Do you want something that lasts long?
Is the quality and taste of juice an important factor?
Depending on what you want really want, the choice of which citrus juicer to buy will vary. Let’s check out which is the best electric citrus juicer in the market today.
Before proceeding one more question…
Do you really need a electric citrus juicer?
It seems such a superfluous thing to own when you already have a food processor, a hand blender, grinder and a mixer. Each of those appliances do a specific job and can not be repurposed to do something else like squeezing a cup of grapefruit or orange juice.
A citrus juicer is a handy tool to have around the kitchen. It makes your job of providing something nutritious and healthy for your family every morning that much easier.
People lead such busy and hurried lives that the most important factors like healthy eating and nutrition more often than not gets neglected.
How often in a week do you get the 5 helpings of fruits and vegetables that you are supposed to eat everyday?
If your answer is less than 3 then you are better of with a best electric citrus juicer at home that squeezes fresh, tasty citrus juice every day. Packed with vitamins, minerals and much more in a cup you will love the burst of energy that comes with drinking juice every morning. Most importantly you don’t have to worry about those added sugars that supermarket juices are full off.
Also, since the featured top 5 best electric citrus juicers are such nifty gadgets that whipping up a juice from any citrus fruit is as easy as cutting a fruit in two and holding it on top the electric juicer to get a freshly extracted juice in less than 2 minutes. There is absolutely no excuse for not owning one. They are so compact that next time you go on a vacation you can simply take it with you and enjoy your morning dose of vitamins and taste without having to dread about store-bought or commercial juices.
Here’s A Quick Look At How We Test For A Best Electric Citrus Juicer
In our experience the best electric citrus juicer should squeeze out the fruit not the pith, should be gentle on hands, arms and wrists and extract maximum juice. Some juicers we tested were so powerful that they regularly ate into the pith of the fruit imparting a bitter taste to the juice, we also tested some manual presses on the recommendation of some speciality chefs but juice squeezed out didn’t taste any better, and in some cases big chunks of fruit pulp got through to the juice container needing extra filteration. The manual presses we tested were also unwieldy being tall and storage was tricky too.
We tested the electric models using the same number of fruits per juicer to test their juicing efficiency, next we tested different sized citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, tangerines, grapefruits and blood oranges. We tested the ease of use and ease of cleaning. We also tested the taste and feel of the juice.
Did pulp or seeds get through?
Did the juice taste bitter?
Was the juice smooth or pulpy to drink?
How easy was post juicing clean up?
After all the final test of a best electric citrus juicer is not how it looks or feels but how good a glass of juice it produces, right? So not only do we test how quickly the best electric citrus juicer produces a cup of juice, but also how well it tastes and how fast can the appliance be cleaned up and put away.
So which models got on this best electric citrus juicers list from 73 we tested and why?
1. We eliminated manual presses because we are looking for electric juicers for home use that are fast.
2. Only those models that produced about 4-5 cups of juice were selected because a busy mother or professional does not have time to make gallons of juice in the morning.
3. Those models that were very expensive also didn’t make our list because the juice extracted didn’t taste any better and for that kind of money we could buy more expensive food processor not just a citrus juicer.
4. We went through the user reviews posted on sites like Amazon, Walmart and Egullet to eliminate those that obviously had problems when used in various situations.
5. Our extensive network of friends, family, professionals like chefs and cooks, hobbyists and juice enthusiasts also pitched in with valuable feedback and guidance. This helped make our final list of electric juicers the very best.
What factors should you consider when buying your best electric citrus juicer?
1. A good motor of at least 25-watt power is important so that the motor holds up even if you end juicing more than the usual quota of dozen oranges. Lower power motors might burn out if you juice more or apply more pressure while juicing. A very powerful motor is not necessary for a best electric citrus juicer.
2. Extra features will be an added bonus. Most citrus juicers have the reamer that spins and extracts juice from the fruits. Auto Reverse Spin, Pulp Control, Pulp Spin options will make your juicing more juicier.
Pulp Control – Some people prefer a little pulp, others nothing at all. When using the juice in cooking you need specific consistency so pulp control makes life easier.
Reverse Spin – extracts more juice from the pulp remaining in the rind.
Pulp Spin – also extra more juice from the pulp.
So, with these added features you can get more juice from the same fruit.
3. The best electric citrus juicer is available in the price range of $15-$20. The models in the price range of $50-$100 have more powerful motors and durable metal parts. Those priced higher than that also have these features but they are not exactly more durable or better juicers so our recommendation is to stick to under $100 models if you are using it for making small quantities of juice.
4. Go for multiple sized reamers if you intend juicing a variety of citrus fruits. This offers better control and better yield per fruit.
5. Check the locking mechanism of the best electric citrus juicer. Is it secure enough? Will it stand the pressure of juicing and not slip off? Are the buttons and juicing convenient and easy to use? Is the juicer compact enough for easy storage? After juicing clean up should be simple.
Keeping all the above factors in mind, let’s look at the best electric citrus juicers available today.
And the winners are…
Proctor’s Silex Lemonade Stand Citrus Juicer, 34oz
BLACK+DECKER CJ625 30-Watt 34-Ounce Citrus Juicer
A very close second comes the BLACK+DECKER CJ625 Citrus Juicer . This is Amazon Best Seller #1 in citrus juicers. In terms of design, size and features this juicer is identical to the Proctor’s Silex Citrus Juicer. The only difference in performance that was noticed during testing was the very rare stalling of this model’s motor in the middle of juicing quite unexpectedly. Otherwise the Black and Decker Citrus Juicer is as good as the Proctor Silex. Users have uniformly reported how thrilled they are about this product. At ony $15 it’s one of the best kitchen gadgets you will ever own. If the Proctor’s Silex is sold out go ahead and buy this one. It was and still is our favorite best electric citrus juicer due to its excellent performance in juice extraction.
Breville Citrus Press
If you juice often and in large quantities then the Breville Citrus Press Juicer is the best electric citrus juicer to own. It requires less effort from you with its efficient dual pull lever. It is less efficient than both Black And Decker and Proctor’s Silex but it is perfect for those who have disabilities or issues with arm strength. This juicer extracts with hardly any effort. Even though it is equipped with only one sized cup it still works with all types fo fruits.
We tested it for oranges, tangerines, grapefruit and blood oranges with almost identical juicing results. It is easy on the wrist and elbows too. One word of caution do not press down the lever with too much force as this over reams the fruit resulting in bitter tasting juice. The juicer does not have pulp control and the juice produced is thick with pulp but smooth too. At $130 it is much more expensive than our previous picks. If you need a fast and quiet juice that extract juice with very little effort then this is the best electric citrus juicer to own.
Breville 800CPXL Citrus Press
Cuisinart CCJ-500 Pulp Control Citrus Juicer
The Cuisinart CCJ-500 Citrus Juicer is very sleek and stylish looking citrus juicer with stainless steel body. Priced at less than $30 dollars it performs efficiently in extracting juice from a variety of citrus fruits including a small lime to larger grapefruits. But its juicing efficiency is lesser than both the top two on this list. It’s great for those who have arthritis or other slight disabilities. The pulp management features helps in customizing the juice to the needs of every member of the family. The final spin allows for maximum juice extraction. The parts are sturdy enough can be washed either by hand or in a dishwasher. That rounds out our top 5 picks in best electric citrus juicers.