In this Citrus Juicer Reviews we have top 5 picks of 2018. Go on, enjoy a fresh glass of orange juice every morning giving your body a boost with essential vitamins and energy to take on a hard day of work.
Looking for the best citrus juicer?
There are so many citrus juicers in the market today that finding the best is like searching for a needle in a haystack. Our team at citrus juicer reviews does all the hard work for you. Our best citrus picks are chosen after hours of testing and reading dozens of product reviews on retail websites like Amazon. We go through every aspect of the juicers with a fine tooth comb so you can depend on our citrus juicer reviews to pick the best with total confidence.
Before you go ahead a buy one, our citrus juicer reviews team recommends that answer a few questions
- Are you interested in electric citrus juicer?
- Do you want something that lasts for years?
- Is a model that occupies less space important?
- Is price a deciding factor?
The answers to the above questions will help narrow down the search to a juicer that suits your unique needs. With those answers you can make an informed choice when it comes to buying a citrus juicer. Our citrus juicer reviews top 5 picks are the best in the market today. Let’s check them out.
Choosing the best 5 citrus juicers
Citrus juicers are a handy gadget to own in the kitchen as you squeeze fresh orange juice whenever you want even when you are very busy because all it takes is a few minutes. No hassle of squeezing till your palms and hands hurt. Your selection of a top citrus juicer depends on your needs and that of your family. In short how much orange juice do you plan to make in day or week.
If it is just 3-4 cups of juice every morning there are particular models that fast, cheap and perfect for your needs. If you plan to juice enough oranges to last for 3-4 days then there is a more expensive model that can do the job for you. While the smaller, less expensive model comes with own collecting cup for the smaller quantities that you plan to juice, the juicer that makes bulk quantities does not comes with these accessories. These and dozens of other factors are considered by citrus juicer reviews before picking the best 5 models.
So, let’s start by finding out the actual reason for
Why do you need a citrus juicer?
This might appear like a ridiculous question to ask on a citrus juicer reviews site. But we have a very valid reason why we ask. After all most kitchens boast of hand blenders, food processors, choppers and a dozen other gadgets to make life easier in the kitchen. But can a food processor help make a fresh glass of orange juice? Maybe but it sure is pain to do it.
While an exclusive citrus juicer takes hardly a minute to produce a fresh glass of juice to consume immediately your juicer attachment in the food processor might take more time not only to assemble but also to clean and filter the juice. So despite a device that makes orange juice sitting right beside the microwave hardly anyone makes citrus juice using the processor because it is so much more work and a pain to set it up for just a glass or two of juice. Our citrus juicer reviews team understands that if it is difficult to operate, set-up or clean you will not use the juicer. Hence our top 5 picks are a breeze to clean, easy to set up and operate.
These juicers are so handy and compact that you can even pack them to take on your vacations. Yes, continue to enjoy your morning juice routine wherever you are. Maybe you don’t need a citrus juicer but rest assured once you start using them you will never go back to juicing oranges any other way.
How Do We Test Citrus Juicers?
Citrus juicers are no longer just a cone with ridges with a simple cup to collect juice at the bottom. They come with auto-pulp control, auto-reverse and other features. These simple features help make your morning juice just the way you like it. For instance some people like more pulp in their juice while others prefer absolutely no pulp. With the pulp control feature you can set the exact type and amount of pulp you want in your juice.
Hand juicing results in wastage of juice because however hard you try not all the juice from the fruit can be extracted manually. An electric juicer with its auto reverse feature go deeper into the fiber to extract every last bit of the juice. But the juicer should not go too deep into the pith as it adds a bitter taste to the juice.
So we subject each of the citrus juicers through some rigorous testing putting them through similar scenarios as in a actual kitchen.
- . We test their auto-reverse feature
- Check that the juice spout is designed so there is no wastage
- The pulp-control does not clog and cause juice to flow in reverse or spill out.
- We clean them to see how much time that takes.
- Assemble, operate and dismantle to see time taken for few glasses of juice.
Apart from this we test other aspects like how powerful is the juicer, how much fruit can it handle comfortably and so on.
After 30 hours of testing some 15 models the citrus juicer reviews team came up with the best 5 citrus juicers
Criteria used by citrus juicer reviews to pick top 5 juicers
1. We restricted our research to only citrus juicers. No centrifugal or masticating models are included in this testing
2. The models picked are priced under $20. Too pricey models were not even considered.
3. Feedback from actual users were considered seriously as they reflected actual conditions under which most citrus juicers will be used.
4. Dozens of interviews of owners of different citrus models were conducted to get their feedback about the products used by them.
As you can see our citrus juicer reviews was not done on some random choices but picked with care and consideration about how the actual users will use them. Our top 5 citrus juicers are truly the best.
Factors that impact the choice of citrus juicer by citrus juicer reviews
1. A well-crafted machine will not only extract maximum juice but also not lead to wastage of precious juice.
2. Our top picks have compact design, self-contained juice collectors or spouts that don’t dribble juice all over.
3. The locking mechanism should be easy to use and robust to last the lifetime of the juicer.
4. Pulp-control should not lead to clogging or juice backing up in the juicer leading to spillage from sides.
5. Variable pulp control allows the right amount of pulp to allow for individual preferences.
6. Too powerful motors are not suitable as juicing maybe fast but it might also lead to over reaming and biting into the pith.
So keeping all the above points in mind the best citrus juicer reviews has come with the top citrus juicers of 2018.
And the Winners Are…
Proctor’s Silex Lemonade Stand Citrus Juicer
BLACK+DECKER Citrus Juicer
BLACK+DECKER CJ625 Citrus Juicer comes a close second according to the team of citrus juicer reviews. This is one of Amazon Best Seller #1 in citrus juicers category. It is identical is most respects to the Proctor Silex Citrus Juicer. At 14 dollars it is slightly less than its top competitor. The only reason this product comes second is because while juicing unexpectedly the motor stalls. But it is rare. Just go for this model if our top pick is out of stock. It is in every as good as the Proctor Silex model.
Breville 800CPXL Citrus Press
Cuisinart Pulp Control Citrus Juicer
The Cuisinart CCJ-500 Citrus Juicer is great looking citrus juicer with stainless steel body but priced at just $30 dollars. It offers excellent performance in making perfect juice from every type of citrus juice. It offers pulp control and great for those slight disabilities in the hand. Sturdy and strong it can be washed in the dishwasher.
That rounds out the top 5 picks of citrus juicer reviews.