5 Citrus Juicer Reviews to help you enjoy a fresh glass of orange juice every morning.
Give your body a health and energy boost with essential vitamins and nutrients.
Are you looking for the best citrus juicer?
There are many models of citrus juicers in the market today. Finding the best is like searching for a needle in a haystack.
Our best citrus juicers are handpicked after hours of analysis and comparison of product reviews, interviews, testimonials and customer feedback. Every aspect of a juicer is considered carefully, so you can rely on our citrus juicer reviews to pick the best with total confidence.
Citrus Juicer Reviews
Top Citrus Juicers – And the Winners Are…
Before you go ahead a buy a citrus juicer, it will help to answer a few questions:
- Are you interested in electric citrus juicer?
- Do you want something that lasts for years?
- Is a model that occupies less space important?
- Is price a deciding factor?
The answers to these questions will help narrow down the search to a citrus juicer that suits your unique needs. You can make better informed choices about buying a citrus juicer.
Our top 5 picks for citrus juicer reviews reflect the best performing, hottest selling models in the market today.
Citrus Juicer Reviews
Cuisinart Pulp Control Citrus Juicer
The Cuisinart CCJ-500 Citrus Juicer is great looking citrus juicer with stainless steel body but priced very affordably.
It offers excellent performance in making high quality juice from every type of citrus fruit – oranges and lemons, grapefruit and others.
The Cuisinart CCJ-500 Citrus Juicer offers pulp control and is great for users with slight hand disabilities because it makes the juicing process comfortable and convenient.
A sturdy and strong juicer, it can be washed safely, quickly and easily in a dishwasher.
Citrus Juicer Reviews
Proctor’s Silex Lemonade Stand Citrus Juicer
The Proctor Silex Citrus Juicer is probably the simplest and best electric citrus juicer you will ever come across.
It is compact and easy to carry along everywhere. This citrus juicer comes with a detachable juice pitcher that you can take to the table with you.
The Proctor Silex Citrus Juicer comes with a handy pulp control and auto reverse features to extract the greatest amount of juice from every orange you squeeze.
Two different sized reamers help juice fruits of varyings sizes with ease. At a price that is amazingly low, this is one of the best citrus juicers that outperforms several higher priced models.
Citrus Juicer Reviews
Breville BCP600SIL Citrus Press Juicer
It’s nearly effortless to operate this juicer. All you have to do is pull on a lever and you’ll quickly and easily juice several pounds – and not even break a sweat.
The Breville Citrus Press Juicer is slightly less efficient in extracting juice when compared to our top two picks. But for squeezing a larger quantity of juice, this is the ideal kitchen appliance.
It works for all sizes of citrus fruits. The only thing to be careful about is to not press the lever down too hard. Otherwise it results in over reaming of fruit, which makes the juice taste bitter.
As there is no pulp control, the juice is thick and pulpy but still smooth. This Breville model is slightly more expensive than other citrus juicers, but the effortless juicing makes it worth the price.
BLACK+DECKER Citrus Juicer
BLACK+DECKER CJ625 Citrus Juicer ranks high on the top selling citrus juicer reviews list, being a popular favorite right from the time it launched. It has been Amazon’s Best Seller #1 in the category of citrus juicers for many years.
The BLACK+DECKER CJ625 is identical in many aspects to the Proctor Silex Citrus Juicer, which is also on our top citrus juicer reviews list, but priced even more affordably than its top competitor.
The only minor drawback of this product is that the motor unexpectedly stalls on occasion while juicing. But this only happens rarely.
This citrus juicer model is widely acclaimed as among the best ‘value for money’ juicer purchases.
Citrus Juicer Reviews
Breville 800CPXL Citrus Press
Made of metal it is a breeze to clean the Breville 800CPXL Citrus Pressafter use.
Like any Breville juicer, this model also is durable and sturdy. The citrus juicer will last you for several years as it is a very solidly made juicer.
There… that rounds out the top 5 picks of citrus juicer reviews.
How To Choose The 5 Best Citrus Juicers
Citrus juicers are a handy gadget to own in the kitchen as you can squeeze yourself a cup of fresh orange juice whenever you want. Even when you are very busy, all it takes is a few minutes.
No hassle of squeezing till your palms and hands hurt. Your selection of a top citrus juicer depends on your needs – how much orange juice you plan to make in a day or week.
- If it is just 3-4 cups of juice every morning, there are models that fast, cheap and perfect for your needs.
- If you plan to juice enough oranges to last for 3-4 days, then there is a more expensive model that can do the job for you.
While the smaller, less expensive model comes with its own collecting cup for the smaller quantities that you plan to juice, the juicer that makes bulk quantities does not comes with these accessories.
These and dozens of other factors went into the planning of our citrus juicer reviews.
Why do you need a citrus juicer?
This might appear like a ridiculous question to ask on a citrus juicer reviews site. But we have a very valid reason.
Most kitchens are equipped with hand blenders, food processors, choppers and a dozen other gadgets to make life easier in the kitchen.
But can a food processor help make a fresh glass of orange juice? Maybe but it is cumbersome and difficult.
An exclusive citrus juicer takes hardly a minute to produce a fresh glass of juice. On the other hand, your juicer attachment of the food processor might take more time not only to assemble but also to clean and filter the juice.
So despite a device that makes orange juice sitting right beside the microwave, hardly anyone makes lemon or orange juice using the processor because it is so much more work.
Our citrus juicer reviews figure that if it is difficult to operate, set-up or clean you will not use the juicer. Hence, our top 5 picks are a breeze to clean, easy to set up and operate.
These juicers are so handy and compact that you can even pack them to take on your holiday and continue to enjoy your morning juice routine, wherever you are.
Maybe you don’t need a citrus juice. But rest assured – once you start using them, you will never go back to juicing oranges any other way.
How Do We Test Citrus Juicers?
Citrus juicers are no longer just a cone with ridges with a simple cup to collect juice at the bottom. They come with auto-pulp control, auto-reverse and other features.
These simple features help make your morning juice just the way you like it. For instance some people like more pulp in their juice while others prefer absolutely no pulp. With the pulp control feature you can set the exact type and amount of it you want in your juice.
Hand juicing results in wastage of juice because however hard you try, not all the juice from the fruit can be extracted manually. An electric juicer with its auto reverse function goes deeper into the fibre to extract every last bit of juice.
But at the same time, the juicer should not go too deep into the pith as it adds a bitter taste to the juice.
So how to assess a citrus juicer for quality?
- . Test the auto-reverse feature
- Check that the juice spout is designed to avoid wastage
- Make sure the pulp-control does not clog and cause juice to flow in reverse or spill out.
- Clean them to see how much time that takes.
- Assemble, operate and dismantle to estimate time taken for preparing a few glasses of juice.
Apart from this you should test other aspects like how powerful the juicer is, how much fruit it can handle comfortably and more.
After reviewing some 15 models, we added 6 of the best citrus juicer reviews for your convenience.
Citrus Juicer Reviews – Criteria to pick top 5 juicers
1. We restricted our research to only citrus juicers. No centrifugal or masticating juicer models are included in this testing
2. All juicers are priced affordably. Models that are too expensive were not even considered.
3. Feedback from actual users is taken seriously as they reflect actual conditions under which most citrus juicers will be used.
4. Dozens of interviews with owners of different citrus models were reviewed to get user feedback about the juicers.
As you can see our citrus juicer reviews are not the result of some random choices. All our top picks are chosen with care and consideration about how the actual users will use them. These citrus juicers are truly the best.
Factors that impact the choice of citrus juicers
1. A well-crafted juicer machine will not only extract the maximum amount of juice but also not waste precious juice.
2. The top picks have compact design, self-contained juice collectors or spouts that don’t dribble juice all over.
3. The locking mechanism should be easy to use and robust to last the lifetime of the juicer.
4. Pulp-control should not lead to clogging or juice backing up in the juicer leading to spillage from sides.
5. Variable pulp control allows the right amount of pulp to allow for individual preferences.
6. Too powerful motors are not suitable as juicing maybe fast but it might also lead to over reaming and biting into the pith.
So keeping all the above points in mind, the best citrus juicer reviews should help you choose between these top citrus juicers.
- Which citrus juicer is best?
- Can orange peel be juiced?
- What are the best oranges for juicing?
- Which hand juicer is best?