Are you looking at juicers for less? You have come to the right place. Not everyone wants to spend thousands of dollars on juicers when perfectly good models are available at reasonable prices.
Go on, pick juicers for less and whip up delicious juices at home.
In fact we actively discourage you from buying very high-priced juicers because many are too complicated for home juicers. Also, the features that the juicers claim will change your life are hardly ever used.
So apart from price,
- What type of juicer are you looking for?
- Do you want a portable juicer?
- Are looks an important criteria?
Depending on your particular needs your choice of a juicer will change. So, let’s take at our top juicers for less picks.
Choosing the top 6 juicers for less
Juicers are useful gadgets in the kitchen as it makes the job of providing a healthy start to your family a reality and with much less fuss too. Which juicer you choose will depend on what type of products you want to juice.
Our top juicers for less choices have specific points that set them apart. For instance one of picks is great for citrus fruits, while another is good for tough greens and third is ideal for juicing a variety of fruits and vegetables. One is slow the other is fast in juicing. So, let’s start by asking the right question.
Do you really need a juicer?
At the outset you might think what a weird question to ask in the middle of which affordable juicer to choose. But it has a purpose. Your kitchen has a variety of small and big appliances all doing specific tasks. One keeps your food fresh for long, another is used to heat or cook food fast, a third is used for slow cooking or baking, a fourth is used to blend or grind stuff and so on. So where does the juicer enter this mix?
Your juicers for less picks will help make juices fast from a variety of fresh vegetables and fruits. For instance you could quickly juice some spinach, carrots, apples and oranges and offer it to your kids at breakfast time. They get an instant boost in the nutrition profile while you can relax about a job well done. Repeat it at lunch and dinner and bingo you have ensured that your family is eating a well-balanced meal.
Kids enjoy these juice blends and there are no tantrums about not wanting to eat their daily dose of 5 helpings of greens, fruits and vegetables. Our top 6 juicers for less picks make the job of juicing a breeze. The juicers we pick are great at juicing and equally easy to clean.
Many of the top juicers for less that we have chosen are highly portable so you can carry it with you on vacations and enjoy a healthy lifestyle on the move.
Now you might not need a juicer but it is mighty convenient to have one. Once you are hooked to it you are likely to be using it on a daily basis.
Here we present how we test and pick our juicers for less
Juicers come in a variety sizes, shapes and designs. While some use the fast centrifugal method of extracting juice others use the slow chew and press method otherwise known as masticating juicing method and if you like to juice only citrus stuff the citrus juicers are just ideal. So you see testing the different juicers involves a different factors and every attachment and accessory has to be tested so you enjoy pleasant a experience while juicing.
That is the reason why we test our juicers for less in a very thorough and detailed manner.
- We test in real life situations.
- We test it like how absolute novices to expert juicers use it.
- While testing the top picks of juicers for less we put them through the paces like in normal day-to-day situations.
- We juice a variety of fruits and vegetables.
- We test their assembly and dismanting time and effort.
- Check for juicing efficiency and more.
- Ease of cleaning is also tested.
Only those that pass every test with aplomb make it to our list of juicers for less. Of course the price should be reasonable and affordable too.
For selecting the top juicers for this list we spent nearly 50 hours testing about 72 models over several days. These top pick juicers for less outshone the others by their sheer performance.
Criteria To Get On Our Juicers For Less List
- Since we are looking for affordable models for home use during the testing process we eliminated higher-priced models.
- We also eliminated those mainly used in commercial ventures.
- We restricted our testing to citrus, centrifugal and masticating juicers.
- Our team of researchers went through thousands of user reviews, feedback and online email surveys to find only the best models to include on the list.
- Any and every complaint about the products were looked at to eliminate mistakes due to users and only those that were due to design flaws or badly made products isolated for further testing.
- The team interviewed several hundred willing participants for their valuable feedback and information about the different juicer models.
- Network of family and friends were also tapped to get more information juicer models they used.
After all this testing we arrived at a handful of models that satisfied our user’s strigent requirements. These juicers for less models are absolutely the best of the lot in terms of price and performance.
Some important pre-requisites to get on our juicers for less list
- Ease of use – Our team puts top priority for this criteria. It is our belief that unless a gadget is drop-dead easy to use it is not going to be used consistently and those with complex set-ups were sure fire losers in the race to the top.
- . Noise – Centrifugal juicers do make noise when you feed whole apples and oranges. But we eliminated those that made too much noise and extracted too little juice.
- Power – While powerful motors ensure smooth and fast extraction of juice we also made sure that they did not lead to bitter after taste due to crushing of seeds or pits.
- Pulp Ejection – Separate exit for pulp helps you juice for longer without having to stop and clear out the pulp.
- Looks – Compact juicers that looked good on the counter in addition to their excellent performance were like icing on cake.
And the winners are
Proctor’s Silex Lemonade Stand Citrus Juicer
Beautifully designed and highly efficient in extracting orange juice the Proctor Silex Citrus Juicer is top pick for the juicers for less citrus juicers. Priced at just $16 you won’t find a better juicer for making orange juice every morning. It’s fast, as auto reverse for extra juice extraction, pulp control and simple operations. It is the best citrus juicer for making 3-4 cups of orange juice at home.
BLACK+DECKER CJ625 Citrus Juicer
Another beauty the compact and powerful BLACK+DECKER CJ625 Citrus Juicer is very good gadget that equals Proctor’s Silex Citrus Juicer. It is one of top sellers on Amazon. Buy this if the other model isn’t available. It is cheaper too. In design, looks and performance it is very much similar to the Proctor Silex juicer.
Best Centrifugal Juicers For Less
Breville Juice Fountain Plus
Among the dozens of models tested the Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus Extractor is clear winner for a variety of reasons. It is compact, powerful, simple to use and clean, affordable and provides great performance juicing with ease whole apples and oranges. Prep time is almost zero as it has a big feeding chute and very powerful motor that extracts juice with ease. The quality of juice is superb with very little froth or foaming. Ease to assemble and store. You will love the Breville Fountain Plus.
Cuisinart Juice Extractor CJE-1000
The feature that most impressed our team about Cuisinart CJE-1000 Juice Extractor was the long chute that easily takes apples, oranges and pears. No prep time required as you just pop in the whole fruits with skin, pits, core and all into the juicer. Out comes the delicious juice in seconds. This juicer is a best-seller in department stores. It is larger than other juicers but extra large pulp bin compensates for it as you can make large quantities of juice without stopping to empty the pulp catcher. It is best to consume the juice within a day or two of juicing as the method of extraction doesn’t allow for long storage time. Another great feature is the juice spout which if tilted upwards prevents dripping of juice. The pitcher design and shape reduces frothing and foaming which in turns keeps juice fresh for a longer time. Assembly, dismantling and clean-up are sligthly cumbersome. This juicer easily juices all types of vegetables, fruits and greens. Use the 5 level speed controls to juice toughest vegetables with ease. The juice is clear and pulp-free.
Omega NC900 Nutrition Center Electric Juicer
Omega NC900 Nutrition Center Electric Juicer from Omega is one of the best juicers we have tested that works well both on extracting juice from wheatgrass and kale to regular fruits and vegetables. It is a best seller on Amazon and is considered a leader in masticating juicers. It’s sturdy, sleeker and top-notch performance. It yields highest amount of wheatgrass juice with no heating or foaming thus preserving nutrition. It is versatile and can become a workhorse in the kitchen due to the many tasks that it can do.
Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer
Another winner from the Omega stable the Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer is top seller. It’s slow speed of juicing ensures minimal foaming and heating keeping the nutrition intact. The juice extracted has a longer shelf life due to the cold press method. This juicer handles toughest of leafy greens like kale, wheat grass, spinach and chard with ease producing vibrant juices for your family. Priced economically it provides variety of tasks and occupies minimal storage space.
Which juicer is the easiest to clean?
What is the best type of juicer to buy?
What are the different types of juicers?
How does the juicer work?