Best Vitamix Blender Reviews
By the time you’re done reading these Vitamix blender reviews you will know why you should consider a Vita Mix blender and what sets apart the best Vitamix blender model from all other competing brands and devices.
You’ll also find brief Vitamix blender reviews of other models from Vita Mix so that you can find one that’s ideally suited to your unique needs.
Let’s start with the best Vitamix blender review of this year… the Vitamix 5200 Professional Blender.
Best Vitamix Blender Reviews
Vitamix 5200 Professional Kitchen Blender
The Vitamix 5200 blender outperforms every other blender model in power and durability, making it the star of an impressive line up of stellar blenders from Vita Mix.
A rather bulky device, a Vitamix 5200 blender unit is a little over 20 inches tall. This is because the blender’s pitcher is 8.8″ deep and 7.3″ wide, which is large enough to make blending tasks easy even for large families.
Further aiding heavy blending tasks is the Vitamix blender’s powerful 1400 watt motor (2 HP). This power-horse propels a tough stainless steel blade that pulverizes your fruits, vegetables and other produce instantly into silky smooth drinks, smoothies and purees.
Other Helpful Features of a Vitamix Blender
To prevent the motor from burning out, there’s an inbuilt safety overload function. This shuts down the motor if it overheats, preventing electrical damage to the internal circuits when the machine runs for too long.
Another helpful design element is the rubber lid that’s proof against spillage and leaks. It fits snugly onto the jar, sealing it securely against accidents. A drop-in hole on top of the lid lets you add extra ingredients as you blend. You can even push contents down using a tamper inserted into this hole.
The Vitamix 5200 Blender offers an impressive 10 speed settings for various customized blending modes. You can switch easily between Variable and High speed settings.
One limitation is the lack of a pulse function.
High speed blending is ideal for drinks, soups, purees and smoothies. When you want a few chunks in your salsa or batter, variable blending runs the motor on a lower power setting.
Even the most enthusiastic Vitamix blender review about the Vita Mix 5200 will have to admit to its few (minor) drawbacks.
You can’t clean the pitcher or tamper in a dishwasher but have to do it manually. This is a minor nuisance, and can take a bit more time. To clean after use, pour some liquid soap diluted with water into the jar and leave it for a while before washing it off.
Another problem is the Vita Mix blender’s height. Most kitchens have an average of 18 inches space between the counter top and shelves, making it a little inconvenient to store the 20.5″ tall Vitamix 5200 after use.
But since the jar snaps on rather easily without even requiring a twist like most blenders and juicers, this is little more than a minor nuisance, not a deal-breaker!
- powerful motor delivers impressive blending performance
- durable and long-lasting, giving great value for money
- simple and convenient to operate
- efficient for most home blending uses
- 10 speed controls for different purposes
- easy and quick to clean after use
- somewhat tall jar may make it hard to store
- must be washed by hand, not in a dish washer
Why Pick a Vitamix Blender At All?
To a novice it might seem as if all blenders do pretty much the same things – crush ice, whip up juices, blend fruits and vegetables, grind nuts and seeds.
While broadly that’s correct, the devil is in the details.
Most blenders differ in how well they deal with these activities. A great blender will pulverize ice into fine, snowy slush. An average blender will leave tiny chunks that take longer to melt and stick in your throat.
Any Vitamix blender review will convincingly address the question about why you should pick one.
Here are 4 great reasons:
1. A Vitamix Blender Makes Healthy Living Easy
If you’ve resolved to eat healthier, with fruit juices, smoothies and greens in your diet, then a good blender can be a fantastic investment.
A Vitamix blender works fast, to puree and grind, crush and blend ingredients into delicious, healthy drinks or sauces or salsas. You’ll save time, which makes it ideal for busy folks on the move. Even tough and hard produce can be blended within minutes.
The Vitamix 5200 blender comes with a very powerful motor which can grind up hard seeds, whole fruits and rough veggies effortlessly. Whether you’re making soup or baby food, sauce or smoothies, you’ll love working with this machine.
The BPA-free plastic container is safe from toxins, keeping your blended food tasty and healthy.
2. A Vitamix Blender Is A Work Horse
No matter whether you’re blending frozen fruit, crushing ice or preparing hot soup, your Vita Mix 5200 blender makes it easy and fast.
Unlike lesser blender models that do one thing well but struggle with others, the Vitamix blender can handle multiple tasks equally well. This makes it an ideal cooking companion.
You can use it to puree tough foods, even if they are frozen. So if you’re cooking carrots or asparagus, peanuts or spinach, your Vitamix 5200 Blender can deal with it equally well.
In the “can it deal with whatever I throw at it” test, most Vita Mix blender reviews will tell you it’s a clear winner.
3. A Vitamix Blender Lasts Very Long
It’s one of the most efficient and durable blenders on the market today. Engineered with the best, highest quality materials, the Vita Mix blender easily lasts for years and years of heavy use. What’s even nicer is that you won’t need to spend more on maintenance and repairs.
Just take a look at a Vitamix blender, hold it in your hand, and take it on a test run to feel the difference. The components feel solid and strong, while also being convenient, handy and easy to use. You’ll enjoy using it to whip up tasty recipes in your kitchen.
4. A Vitamix Blender Is Easy To Use
The acid test of any blender is how easy it is to use. Complex and difficult machines tend to languish inside a cupboard or even get placed in a store room, making it a waste of your money to buy one.
Your Vitamix blender won’t be like that. Its simple and elegant design ensures that every user will find it convenient and easy to blend with the Vitamix 5200 Professional blender.
Although the components aren’t all safe to use in a dish washer, it only takes a very little time to clean it manually after use. Pour some water into the container along with liquid soap and run the blender for half a minute to clean it thoroughly. Then rinse off the soap and store it away.
How To Buy The Best Vitamix Blender?
The role of a Vitamix blender review is to give you all the relevant information about the blender, and only after you’re convinced about it being your right choice, to show you where and how to buy one.
Hopefully by now you’re convinced this is the perfect blending solution for your kitchen. So let’s talk about how to choose the right model for you.
There are a few things to consider before picking your best Vitamix blender model.
1. Blender Series
Vitamix blender reviews will tell you there are 5 categories of Vita Mix blender machines – the S-, Classic, Ascent, Explorian and Commercial Series.
- S-series Vitamix blenders range in price from $300 to $500 and are an ideal choice for small families. They are excellent to make soups, desserts and smoothies. However, these machines may not be able to do all the things a higher-end blender is capable of.
- Classic Series Vitamix blenders are similar to S-series machines in that they comfortably handle everyday cooking tasks. They come equipped with a more powerful motor to manage tougher produce and heavy duty blending. The price is slightly higher at $400 to $800.
- Explorian Series Vitamix blenders are least expensive of the range, priced at $250 to $350 and are a good choice if you’re on a budget. Performance is nearly as good as a high-end machine, though the Explorian blenders have shorter warranty periods.
- Commercial Series Vitamix blenders are a lot costlier, ranging from $450 to $15,000 in price. There are 5 models in this designer range, with the highest quality material going into the components. Commercial establishments like bars, coffee shops and restaurants prefer these devices.
- Ascent Series Vitamix blenders are smart, equipped with latest technology, and are great choices for larger families and groups. With blending needs to match more than 4 people, these buyers need more power. These blenders are powerful enough to be used commercially, as well.
Video: Vitamix 5200 Blender Review