Are you looking for the best wheatgrass juicer reviews?
In this guide we present the handpicked top 7 wheatgrass juicer reviews in 2020 and list the bestselling wheatgrass juicers that are also the most efficient in juicing performance.
Wheatgrass juicing is a popular trend. Thousands of people drink this healthy juice to improve their health. If you’d like to join this growing crowd and grow healthier and be more mindful of your eating habits, you’re in the right place!
Top Black Friday Deals on Juicers – 2021
AMZCHEF Slow Masticating Juicer
Omega NC900HDC Juicer Extractor
Breville JE98XL Compact
KOIOS Slow Masticating Juicer
Flat 20% Off!
Omega H3000D Cold Press 365 Juicer
Breville Big Squeeze Slow Juicer
Omega J8006HDS Dual-Stage Juicer
Find the Best Black Friday Juicer Deals of 2021.
There are many wheatgrass juicer models on the market, each with its own unique features and functions. It is very difficult to make an informed decision about which one is the best wheatgrass juicer.
These wheatgrass juicer reviews will
- clear your doubts,
- offer you insights, and
- share relevant facts
about the different models of wheatgrass juicers so that you can decide the ones that suit your requirements – and reject others that may not be suitable.
Top Rated Wheatgrass Juicer Models
These are the 7 hottest selling and most efficient wheatgrass juicers available in the market today…
Best Wheatgrass Juicers
Omega J8006HDS Slow Masticating Juicer
If you can not afford a top of the range wheatgrass juicer because it’s too expensive, then consider the Omega J8006 slow masticating juiceras an alternative that’s almost as good.
Although this wheatgrass juicer is a more basic model compared to the NC900HDC, many users consider it to be great value for money.
The Omega J8006 masticating juicer has most of the advantages of other costlier wheatgrass juicers without being expensive itself.
It is powered by a 150 watt motor and has a horizontal auger running at a slow 80 rotations per minute. The juicer comes with a 15 year warranty, a reflection of how confident the manufacturer is about the quality of this machine.
The Omega J8006 wheatgrass juicer is also versatile and can make nut butters, pasta sauces, baby food, nut-milk, ground coffee and more.
The feed chute in the Omega J8006 juicer is narrow, which means prep times are longer because you’ll have to make smaller chunks of your fruits and vegetables.
There are no adjustable end caps which results in the yield being lower than other premium models. Still the juice yield from Omega J8006 wheatgrass juicers is higher than other masticating wheat grass juicers.
If you want an electric wheatgrass juicer at an affordable low price, then the Omega J8006 wheatgrass juicer is a great buy. You can’t really go wrong with the generous 15-year warranty, since you can get it repaired or replaced in case of problems or damage.
You’ll find more information about this model in our comprehensive Omega J8006HDS Slow Masticating Juicer review here.
Pros of Omega J8006 wheatgrass juicers
- Economical wheatgrass juicer model
- Operates at low speed and is very quiet
- Offers 15-year warranty
- Versatile – you can make nut milks, butters and pastas
Cons of Omega J8006 wheatgrass juicers
- Expensive when compared to a manual wheatgrass juicer
Best Wheatgrass Juicers
Breville BJS700 Masticating Wheatgrass Juicer
The Breville BJS700 masticating wheatgrass juicer is a vertical wheatgrass juicer model from a popular manufacturing brand.
In this type of juicer, the auger is positioned vertically This configuration extracts more juice than a horizontal masticating juicer, thanks to the added effect of gravity.
The ingredients or produce doesn’t have to pushed through the feed chute. It will naturally be pulled in due to the vertical design and gravity.
The counter space that a Breville vertical masticating wheatgrass juicer occupies is very little compared to a horizontal masticating wheatgrass juicer. It also juices faster than horizontal machines.
There are many advantages to a Breville BJS700 wheatgrass juicer but only a few drawbacks. The juicer cannot do any other job apart from juicing. You cannot make nut butters and nut milks, pasta or baby food using this wheatgrass juicer. Another is this juicer model is not made from BPA free plastic.
Some best juicer reviews therefore consider the price tag of a Breville wheatgrass juicer to be too steep.
Pros of the Breville vertical wheatgrass juicer
- Juices faster than horizontal masticating juicera
- Juice yield is high
- No pushing or effort needed to feed ingredients
- Occupies less space on counter
- Comes with a 10 year warranty
Cons of the Breville vertical wheatgrass juicer
- Single purpose juicer. No other functions available
- Doesn’t use BPA-free plastic
Best Wheatgrass Juicers
Aobosi Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor
One of the best slow masticating juicers is the brilliant Aobosi Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor. It can extract various vegetables and fruits as well as leafy greens, and do it within minutes.
The slow juicing process minimizes frothing and oxidation. In just a minute, you can be drinking a delicious cup of juice with very little pulp and almost no foam at all. And what’s more, your juice retains its pure color, flavor and all the goodness in the form of vitamins and other nutrients.
The slow juicer’s operation is smooth with little splashing and no danger of spilling juice all over the kitchen counter or getting your hands dirty.
Your Aobosi Slow Masticating Juicer ensures a high juice yield. Slow mastication is efficient at separating juice from pulp with an auger that spins at barely 80 RPM to minimize heat generation.
Operating the juicer is noiseless. The 150 watt motor emits just 60 decibels of noise, keeping the environment safe and quiet. There are also many safety features like a lock design that prevents spillage. The juicer is easy to disassemble and put back after cleaning.
- Juices variety of fruits and vegetables
- High juice yield
- High nutrition retention
- Juice shelf life is up to 72 hours
- Parts are BPA free
- Quiet operation
- Dishwasher safe parts
- More prep time due to small feed chute
- Soft mushy fruits like mangoes, bananas don’t make much juice
- Doesn’t make nut butters or milk
Best Wheatgrass Juicers
Tribest Green Star Juice Extractor
Another great product for juicing wheatgrass is the Tribest Green Star Elite Cold Press Juice Extractor that’s so durable and sturdy that it comes with a 12-year warranty.
While juicing, the Tribest juicer continuously ejects pulp which allows you to juice for longer periods without stopping to clean. Apart from juicing wheatgrass, it can also work as a food mill.
The Tribest Green Star wheatgrass juicer has a simple design and delivers heavy-duty performance. You can use it to juice almost anything, and with minimal prep time.
The total masticating technology mashes and juices whatever you toss into the juicer with ease, producing fine and smooth juice with gritty bits in it.
Some juicer reviews were unhappy that the after-juicing clean-up of the fine mesh took too long. You can learn more about this model in our detailed Tribest Green Star Juice Extractor review here.
A handle built into the body makes it really easy to carry the Tribest Green Star wheatgrass juicer or to move the machine around.
- Stainless twin gears
- Very dry pulp indicates maximum juice extraction
- Juice shelf life is 72 hours
- Quiet working
- Juices all types of fruits and veggies with ease
- Very good at juicing leafy greens and wheatgrass
- Multiple functionalities like homogenizing and pasta making
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Allows for Continuous juicing due to automatic pulp ejection
- Convenient handle for easy shifting
- Convenient tamper holder
- More prep time
Best Wheatgrass Juicers
Handy Pantry HJ Hurricane Manual Wheatgrass Juicer
The Hurricane Manual Wheatgrass Juicer is inexpensive, simple, easy to operate, easy to clean – and overall an excellent wheatgrass juicer.
Made of stainless steel, this manual wheatgrass juicer is exclusively meant for juicing wheatgrass. Being a lightweight and portable model, it can travel with you anywhere.
Just remember to remove the screen installed inside the juicer before you start cranking away. To get the highest juice yield, put the pulp back in the chute and give it another turn. This way you will get a drier pulp.
The Handy Pantry Hurricane juicer is dishwasher safe too. Being a manual juicer, you’ll have to put in all the effort of juicing. So your arms, hands, wrists all get a workout. If you have health issues that restrict the use of your hands, then you may prefer an electric wheatgrass juicer.
If you want a cost-effective model to juice wheatgrass you’ll love a manual model like the Handy Pantry Hurricane wheatgrass juicer which runs on pure muscle power.
This juicer is a very tough and robust machine that’s designed to juice anything. Since the juicing is done manually, it takes a longer time. Chances of heat building up and oxidation of the freshly squeezed juice is low.
Enjoy the most nutritious juice with this wheatgrass juicer.
Operating the machine, cleaning and maintenance are simple, fast and easy. Just find a sturdy and stable surface to screw the juicer in place before use.
Feed the wheatgrass through the Handy Pantry Hurricane wheatgrass juicer food chute and start cranking the lever. Collect the juice that comes out of the spout. You will have to run the pulp through the machine several times to get every bit of juice out of the produce.
Making large amounts of juice using a manual wheatgrass juicer takes too long. It also means you will be putting a tremendous effort to crank that lever.
Pros of Handy Pantry HJ Hurricane Manual Wheatgrass Juicer
- Very cheap
- Low speed of operation
- Does not run on electricity
- Can be taken anywhere with you.
- No loss of nutrition to heat.
Cons of Handy Pantry HJ Hurricane Manual Wheatgrass Juicer
- It needs manual power
- Juicing is a time-consuming and very laborious process
- Pulp needs to be passed through the juicer multiple times to get all the juice.
Best Wheatgrass Juicers
Super Angel 5500 Twin Gear Juicer
The Super Angel Pro Stainless Steel Juicer is one the most sturdy and durable juicers we tested. It is made entirely of high-grade stainless steel provides great crushing action due to its strong metal augers and perfect maximum rotation speed of 86 rpm.
The Super Angel Pro wheatgrass juicer juicer is expensive but its durability and versatility makes up for the cost. It will probably the only machine you will ever buy in your lifetime.
This effective wheatgrass juicer can however juice not just wheatgrass, but also a variety of fresh produce like carrots, apples, spinach, kale, Swiss chard and even nuts.
This premium wheatgrass juicer is designed to extract juice at slow rate of speed with minimal oxidation and foaming. The nutrients are not destroyed which means you get a better quality of juice overall.
The Super Angel Pro wheatgrass juicer uses twin-gears to slowly draw the produce through the gears to thoroughly cut and crush the leaves to draw out a nutrition packed cup of juice from any produce.
The pulp is automatically ejected allowing the juice to last for longer time, and to continue juicing without stopping. The best part is how easy it is to clean.
Don’t overfeed the chute or jam your veggies down it. For best performance feed in small quantities. Otherwise, you are likely to jam the gears.
- Complete stainless steel construction. (No worry about BPA plastics)
- Upgraded cooling systems prevents heat build up in juice
- Three choices of high-grade steel
- Highest efficiency in juicing greens and wheatgrass
- Shelf life of 72 hours because of very minimal oxidation
- Rich and vibrant color juice
- Maximum nutrition retention due to 72rpm speed
- Juices all types of produce
- Very quiet operation
- Dishwasher safe
- More prep time due to narrow chute
Best Wheatgrass Juicers
Green Power Twin Gear Wheatgrass Juicer
Another of the top 7 wheatgrass juicers is the Green Power Wheatgrass Juicer.
It does a superb job when it comes to juicing wheatgrass and other greens and veggies. There is even a special attachment for juicing fruits.
Cleaning the Green Power Wheatgrass Juicer is much easier as compared to previous models of the same company. The pulp comes out dry and there is no need to rerun it. It is very easy to assemble and start using.
The gears and other parts don’t stain at all, which used to problem with the older models. The quality of juice is fantastic and there is very little foaming, adding to the quality of juice.
Overall the new model Green Power Wheatgrass Juicer is compact and occupies much less counter space.
Pros of the Green Power Juicer Model KPE 1304
- Slow speed ensures high amount of juice extractions
- Shelf life of 72 hours for juice extracted
- Minimal oxidation and foaming of juice.
- Quiet while juicing
- Highly durable construction. Lasts a lifetime if used correctly
- Easy to clean
- 10-year warranty on motor and 5 year warranty on parts
- A 90-day unconditional no-questions asked return or replace guarantee
- It has a 90-day unconditional guarantee so if there is any problem with your juicer, you can return it or have it replaced.
Cons of the Green Power Juicer Model KPE 1304
Best Wheatgrass Juicers
After we reviewed several models of wheatgrass juicers, we shortlisted 7 of the best wheatgrass juicers and have shared detailed, comprehensive wheatgrass juicer reviews to help you make the right decision in picking the right one for your individual needs.
Our helpful hints, tips, factors and considerations and the reasons behind each wheatgrass juicer pick will help you know on what basis these wheat grass juicers are remarkable machines.
- For instance, people living in crowded residential apartment buildings with neighbours nearby, or those with families who don’t want to be woken up early in the morning will not want a noisy wheatgrass juicer model.
- For other users it may not be noise but the quality of the juice that is more important.
- And some others might be concerned about how much juice each pound of wheatgrass will produce to manage the overall cost of juicing in the long term. After all, wheatgrass is expensive!
So each wheatgrass juicer model that we have picked satisfies the concerns of different kinds of discerning users.
Wheatgrass: The Wonder Food
- Why is wheatgrass so popular as a health food?
- What do you specifically look for in a wheatgrass juicer?
- What is it about wheatgrass that you are willing to find a juicer that will help juice it better?
The reason is simple enough. Wheatgrass is a wonder food. It is considered the ultimate health food as it is rich in vitamins and other essential elements your body needs.
Wheatgrass has 98 elements of the 100+ found in soil – which is amazing. Wheatgrass is a nutritional powerhouse. In case you need to take supplements because of various ailments, drinking wheatgrass juice might help meet a major portion of those requirements.
And the only way to consume it is by juicing in a wheatgrass juicer. A major issue is that you simply cannot juice wheatgrass in any old juicer/blender. It needs a specially capable wheatgrass juicer to actually extract the juice effectively because it is tough produce to juice.
As we mentioned before, extracting juice from this tough plant is not easy with ordinary blenders or juicers. In our review we picked the best wheatgrass juicers so you can extract the maximum juice with minimum fuss. With these juicers as your mate in the kitchen, you can kickstart your day with a cup of fresh wheatgrass juice every morning
There is an incredible array of wheat grass juicers to choose from and it gets confusing as you start your research. The problem of course is how to decide which of the best wheatgrass juicer models to buy.
Now let’s look at the reasons and factors to test and how to arrive at a decision about which is the best wheatgrass juicer.
How To Pick The Best Wheatgrass Juicer
Juicing wheatgrass is not easy. To do this effectively requires a good masticating wheat grass juicer.
A regular juicer that slices and dices through produce will simply not work for this particular grass. As it is both tough and light, wheatgrass will simply fly through the centrifugal juicer and land directly in the pulp container.
A wheatgrass juicer on the other hand will squeeze the tough grass between its augers and extract every bit of juice. Since wheatgrass only has a limited amount of juice, getting out every bit of it matters when you are juicing as a health supplement for its nutrients.
A masticating wheatgrass juicer rotates at a low speed, producing very little heat. Heat can damage enzymes and destroy nutrients in the juice significantly. The slow speed of juicing is ideal to keep nutrients in the juice intact.
The downside of masticating wheatgrass juicers is their higher cost. They are much more expensive than ordinary centrifugal juicers.
That’s why it is important to understand which wheatgrass juicer to buy. You will be spending more for a specialized wheat grass juicer and you don’t want to waste it on an unsuitable product and have regrets later on.
Nothing is more frustrating than spending your hard-earned money on a product that you plan to use every day but which is simply ill-suited for your needs. This wheatgrass juicer buying guide will help you avoid making this mistake.
So, let’s get started buying a wheatgrass juicer…
A Quick Guide To Wheatgrass Juicers
- Decide on whether you want a manual wheatgrass juicer or an electric wheat grass juicer
- Next, decide whether you want a vertical or horizontal masticating wheatgrass juicer.
- Go to the top wheatgrass juicer reviews above and choose one from our top picks of wheatgrass juicers.
Once you have decided on the type of wheatgrass juicer you want to buy, check out the following features in your wheatgrass juicer:
- The augers – horizontal or vertical, single or more
- Speed of rotation
- Feed chute size – doesn’t matter when you juice only wheatgrass but if you are going to use it for juicing other fruits and vegetables, your choice of a juicer becomes important
- Motor power
- Warranty period
Which Wheatgrass Juicer is better – a Manual or Electric juicer?
Pros of a Manual Wheatgrass Juicer
- A manual wheatgrass juicer is cheaper than an electric wheat grass juicer.
- As they don’t need electricity you can probably carry it with you even when you go on a hike, picnic or trip as long as the manual juicer isn’t too bulky.
- These juicers are easy to operate and rely only upon the strength of your arms to crank the lever and juice wheatgrass.
- Manual wheatgrass juicers are simple to clean and very easy to maintain.
- As a manual machine runs on your hand power turning the lever, it runs extremely slowly and won’t generate much heat. So your juice will not lose nutrients to heat, oxidation or foam and froth.
Cons of Manual Wheatgrass Juicers
- It’s a very slow process extracting juice using manual wheatgrass juicers.
- Since it relies on your hand power it will not be able to extract the entire juice in one pass. You will have to feed the same wheatgrass multiple times to extract enough juice from wheatgrass.
- The process is messy, tiresome and unlikely to extract all the juice from the grass. So juice yield will be quite low when compared to electric wheatgrass juicers.
- Manual wheat grass juicers are generally built for only one specific purpose and that is to juice wheatgrass. It is unlikely to be suitable for juicing other produce, unlike electric wheatgrass juicers that can extrude pasta, make sauces, nut butter and milk from nuts.
If you decide on an Electric Wheatgrass Juicer, which is better… a Horizontal or Vertical Masticating Wheat Grass Juicer?
- A vertical masticating wheatgrass juicer gives more juice than a horizontal masticating wheatgrass juicers when running at same speed.
- It also juices faster than horizontal wheatgrass juicers.
- In a horizontal juicer you have to push ingredients through the feed tube which is not required in a vertical juicer as that job is done by gravity. The design of a vertical machine helps in this self-feeding process.
- A vertical wheatgrass juicer occupies less space on the counter compared to a horizontal one.
With so many plus points you would think that buying a vertical masticating wheat grass juicer is straightforward decision to make. But, it’s not that easy.
The reason is that a vertical wheatgrass juicer is just that – a wheatgrass juicer. It cannot do anything else – unlike horizontal masticating juicers which can do many other things apart from juicing, like making baby food, extruding pasta, make nut butter and nut-milk and so on.
This lack of versatility is what makes this decision tough. When you invest a lot of money into a wheatgrass juicer, you might also want to use it for other purposes.
Not being able to do these other tasks might seem like a serious drawback for some users while others might not mind it at all. So if you are in the latter category, by all means go ahead.
Get yourself a vertical masticating wheat grass juicer, because it juices really well and you will enjoy making a variety of juices using your juicer.
If you think it is a terrible waste of money to buy an appliance that does only one thing when it could easily do others then it is better to opt for a horizontal wheatgrass juicer.
Are Centrifugal Juicers Good for Wheatgrass?
While masticating juicers are slow, centrifugal juicers are extremely fast.
The augers in a masticating wheatgrass juicer rotate slowly to crush wheatgrass between them to squeeze the juice out.
Centrifugal juicers on the other hand rotate at high speeds. The blades spin at such a high RPM that they will slice and chop through the ingredients like fruits and vegetables.
The high speed of rotation separates pulp from the juice due to centrifugal force. Though it is fast, a centrifugal juicer produces lot of heat too. The high speed of agitation means more exposure to air too.
Thus there is more oxidation and, along with heat, this lowers the quality of juice. The nutritional value is also reduced significantly, and shelf life of the juice is shorter.
Centrifugal juicers are suitable for hard fruits and vegetables. They work fast and produce a glass of juice in less than a minute unlike masticating juicers that take long time to do this. But centrifugal juicers fail miserably when juicing leafy greens and wheatgrass.
The high speed makes the leaves fly away from the spinning blades, preventing effective juicing and wasting valuable wheatgrass with lower juice yields. If you are thinking of a juicer to primarily juice wheatgrass, then a centrifugal juicer is not at all suitable.
Important Points To Remember Before You Buy A Wheatgrass Juicer:
If you are going to juice only wheatgrass, find out if your city/town/ have a steady supply source for wheatgrass. Talk to the suppliers before you invest in a wheatgrass juicer. You don’t want to end up with an expensive wheat grass juicer with no produce to juice!
Find out if you are allergic to wheatgrass. There are few instances of people finding out that they are allergic to it. So before buy a wheatgrass juicer, check to see if you are allergic to it.
Avoid drinking too much of the juice. You will not get much juice from wheatgrass anyway. Still, it is recommended by experts that you restrict your intake to one – or at most two ounces – per day.
Overconsumption of wheatgrass juice is not recommended. It might make you sick. Even the good, healthy things are not good for the body in large quantities.
A Few More Points To Note
Before shopping for a wheatgrass juicer be sure to brush up on the buyers guide above on wheatgrass juicers and read the reviews of top juicer models.
There are many fake products on the market that claim to be masticating juicers – but actually aren’t. Armed with the information provided here you should be able to spot a fake soon enough.
Wheatgrass juicers are evolving continuously as juicer manufacturers keep innovating and adding new and improved features. Wheatgrass juicers are getting better and better.
So you don’t have to worry about whether the modern wheatgrass juicer is good enough. Many of them are fantastic. But there are many choices and deciding if they match your individual requirements is the hardest part of your decision.
Being fully informed about the pros and cons of different types of wheatgrass juicers makes you an empowered shopper. This wheatgrass juicer review guide helps you consider all the important factors that need to be kept in mind – from speed to noise levels to design and performance – when choosing a wheatgrass juicer.
Let’s answer a few more questions on your wheatgrass juicing…
- Do you plan to juice daily and how much?
- Is cost of the juicer a major factor?
- Are you looking for electric or manual juicer?
- How much time can you afford to spend on juicing?
The answers to the above will determine the best wheatgrass juicer you buy.
There are some incredible juicers in every category that are affordable and do a variety of tasks in the kitchen. So even if some of them seem slightly expensive they are well worth the price as you will be using them to not just juice wheatgrass but also a variety of stringy, tough vegetables and fruits, make nut-butter, pasta and baby food and much more.
We have intentionally left out some of the ultra-expensive and sophisticated best vegetable juicers because most people find it too complicated to use.
Do you really need the BEST wheatgrass juicer?
Your kitchen is probably equipped with a dozen gadgets like blenders, chopper, mixer, citrus juicer and more. So do you really need one more?
The answer lies in how badly you want to juice wheatgrass.
The usual kitchen gadgets do a bad job when it comes to juicing wheatgrass. They may be excellent tomato juicers but when it comes to wheatgrass, they are not so good.
Wheatgrass is tough, stringy and dry. It has very little juice in it. Trying to extract it with ordinary blenders or mixers or even juicers will end in frustration.
What’s the answer?
Masticating juicers, manual juicers and a few centrifugal machines are the only equipment that can efficiently juice this expensive grass to get the maximum juice yield.
Owning the best wheatgrass juicer cuts down your juicing time and boosts your family’s nutrition profile by blending wheatgrass juice with other ingredients.
Some of these wheatgrass juicers are also quite versatile and can do many other things. So, owning the best wheatgrass juicer is not a bad idea at all, as you can whip up nut-butter with as much ease as a glass of kale juice.
Manual wheatgrass juicers are inexpensive, compact and easy to clean, but they do very little apart from juicing wheatgrass.
Electric wheatgrass juicers are faster and more adept at handling different types of vegetables, leafy greens and fruits. So it can act as the best tomato juicer too.
You don’t need a dozen different vegetable juicers when you can choose one excellent model – the best wheatgrass juicer from our handpicked selection below.
Best Wheatgrass Juicers
1. Omega J8006HDS Slow Masticating Juicer
2. Breville BJS700 Masticating Wheatgrass Juicer
3. Aobosi Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor
4. Tribest Green Star Juice Extractor
5. Handy Pantry HJ Hurricane Manual Wheatgrass Juicer
6. Super Angel 5500 Twin Gear Juicer
7. Green Power Twin Gear Wheatgrass Juicer
How to test the best wheatgrass juicer?
Only after rigorous testing can anybody recommend these top 7 picks in the best wheatgrass juicers. So how to test a wheatgrass juicer for performance?
- Not just juicing wheatgrass, but also other tough vegetables like Swiss chard, kale, celery.
- Efficiency in terms of juice extraction
- Time taken to extract juice
- Clean up time, operational ease, storage after use.
These picks were the best from a variety of wheatgrass juicer reviews for a number of reasons.
What criteria are used to select the best wheatgrass juicer picks?
- Focus on wheatgrass and other similar tough greens like chard and kale.
- Eliminate complex and very high-end juicers that often end up as mere decorative pieces in the kitchen.
- Look at positive reviews from actual users on Amazon, Walmart and other reliable online retailers.
- Get feedback from networks of friends and family on the juicers they use.
- Ask juicing hobbyists, experts and chefs to share more information to make your hunt for the best wheat grass juicer simpler.
Finding the best wheatgrass juicer is a mission, not some random picks from a bunch of models. The models in our best wheatgrass juicer reviews are chosen by following a similar process, to save you time and effort.
Before going on, here are some key differentiators when choosing the best wheatgrass juicer
- Feeding Chute – Juicers with a chute wide enough to accommodate the different produce help lower prep time.
- Metal Auger – Metal augers lasts longer as there is less wear on it.
- Speed – Slower speeds will help squeeze out juice more efficiently.
- Separate Pulp Exit– An exit to eject the pulp allows continuous juicing without frequent stops.
- Juice Spout – Should be long enough to allow collection of juice without dripping on the counter.
- Extra attachments for making pasta, churning butter, making nut-butter are attractive features.
- Less heating and foaming – Minimal heat generation preserves nutrients in juice. Lack of foaming avoids oxidation of extracted juice.
- Compact size for easy storage.
When measured on all these features, the winner of the best wheatgrass juicer is…
Our Top Wheatgrass Juicer Pick of 2020
Omega J8006HDS Slow Masticating Juicer
If you have been juicing for a while you have most likely heard about the leader in masticating juicers the Omega J800 series. They have been best-sellers in the slow juicer category and offer the best value for money.
The new generation juicer the Omega J8006 slow masticating juicer is a new and improved version of earlier J800 series juicers. In looks, design and performance it’s offers lot more.
This model has a sturdy chrome body, is longer and looks slimmer than older ones. It has a larger footprint but compensates for it by higher efficiency in juicing and performance.
The Omega J8006 slow masticating juicer has 5 different speed settings and works on dual stage mastication. The first stage cuts and chews the greens, and in the second stages crushes it to extract juice.
As pulp is ejected through a different opening, so you can continue juicing for longer without interruptions.
It is one of the best electric juicers for wheatgrass yielding the highest amount of juice and does a variety of other tasks. It can become your workhorse in the kitchen due to its versatility.
Slow extraction and low RPM juicing prevents heating and preserves nutrients more effectively than other juicers.
The Omega J8006 slow masticating juicer is one of the best juicers on the market today for the following reasons:
Low speed, higher nutrition
The Omega J8006 operates a low speed of 80 rpm. At this speed you have very little oxidation as there is no heat build up or agitation of the juice. This helps retain all the enzymes and nutrients in the juice. That means your juice is as good as whole wheatgrass.
5 speed settings
The adjustable end cap of the Omega J8006 has 5 settings to adjust the squeezing force on the ingredients. Wheatgrass is tough. To extract juice from this grass you need tremendous amount of force.
With the 5 different settings available you can select the highest pressure rating of 5 to get more juice using this wheatgrass juicer. For other types of food produce you can use the other settings, reducing pressure helps avoid juicing skin or rind.
This Omega J8006 slow wheatgrass juicer is a horizontal masticating juicer and is very versatile. You can use it to make any nut butter, almond milk, coconut milk or soy milk, and even baby food or pasta.
In addition to wheatgrass, you can use it to juice a wide variety of fresh produce and enjoy freshly, highly nutritious juices. The Omega J8006 is just as effective at juicing the toughest of greens, hard vegetables, soft fruits and vegetables as it is with wheatgrass.
Durable and long warranty
The Omega J8006 slow masticating juicer is so well-made that the manufacturer offers a 15 year warranty against material defects, workmanship defects or even wear and tear.
In a nutshell the pros of the Omega J8006 wheatgrass juicer are
- Quiet and low-speed operation
- Large feed chute
- Adjustable end caps for pressure settings
- Highly versatile
- 15-year warranty
The one disadvantage of thethe Omega J8006 wheatgrass juicer is its high price. It is expensive in keeping with the premium brand and superlative performance, but that may still be the only reason why some folks might opt for another juicer.
Best Wheatgrass Juicer Reviews
Update: This article was updated in 2020 to include extra material from new research to help buyers make better choices.