Want to know our top 5 picks for best masticating juicers in 2021 – and beyond? Now you can start whipping up delicious vitamin-packed juices to boost your healthy diet quotient.
Researching the best masticating juicer? Of course you should be looking for one if you are serious about healthy living.
Top 5 Best Masticating Juicers in 2021
Whether it is wheat grass or kale you want to juice or apples and pears, a masticating juicer also known as slow juicer is the way to go.
The top picks in masticating juicers can range from $100-$2,000 and it is important that you find the right machine for your needs.
- Do you want a machine that is compact and sleek?
- Do you want something that yields more juice?
- Are you looking for a top-end model?
Depending on your needs the choice of a best masticating juicer will vary. Let’s check out the best masticating juicers in the market today.
How To Pick A Best Masticating Juicer?
Nothing says health more than a shot of wheat grass juice in the morning.
Masticating juicers have become all the rage because they can extract juice from the toughest of items like wheatgrass, kale and stringy root vegetables. They also retain maximum nutrition because of the slow process of jucing using augers to squeeze out even the last drop of juice.
Wondering why not centrifugal juicers?
The best centrifugal juicers are great for fast juicing like extracting apple juice or pear but when it comes to tough vegetable greens the juice extraction efficiency is very low.
Best Masticating Juicer Reviews
For in-depth and detailed reviews of the 5 best masticating juicers, here are quick links to explore. Each masticating juicer review goes into the pros and cons of individual models in more detail. At the end of them, you will know whether or not this is your ideal slow juicer.
- Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor review – a review of the bestselling masticating juicer model on Amazon.com
- AMZCHEF Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor review – a closer look at the new kid on the masticating juicer block.
- Omega Cold Press 365 review – this best-selling model of Omega masticating juicers is a true gem. Find out why.
- Omega J8006HDS Masticating Juicer – another brilliant model from the Omega juicer stable, this is a powerful masticating juicer too.
- Breville BJE830BSS Juice Fountain – best of breed slow juicer from one of the world’s best juicing brands.
Before proceeding further, we should ask ourselves the right question.
Do you really need the best masticating juicer?
Busy lifestyles leave very little time for doing many things that we want to do. So a slow juicer is important in your kitchen.
While most fruits and even some vegetables can be juiced using a normal centrifugal juicer it is not suitable for all types of products that you may want to juice like wheatgrass, kale or even ginger root.
Even the best centrifugal juicers find it tough to extract juice from wheat grass or kale. Also the high heat generated destroys most of the nutrition.
If you are serious about juicing and want to make juice a part of your healthy lifestyle a masticating juicer serves an important role in making it happen. The juice yield from a precious resources like wheat grass is also higher in a slow juicer compared to a centrifugal one.
Added to this they do a variety of other tasks like extruding pasta, make peanut butter or ice cream, churn butter and even make baby food.
The best masticating juicer does find a place in the modern kitchen mainly for their great juicing ability and also incidentally for other purposes.
How to test and find the best masticating juicer?
Masticating juicers are more complex than the centrifugal juicers and have various aspects that need testing.
They are expensive and little more complex to use and clean. While you don’t want something that is too complicated to operate you also want a juicer that does the tough jobs with ease.
Hence the need for attention to detail.
Every aspect should be evaluated to find the best masticating juicer. By feeding similar type of produce to the machines in exactly the same conditions, it is possible to test and compare juicing abilities.
This sounds like a slow, meticulous and painstaking process. But it is well-worth the effort.
- test using different fruits, vegetables and greens.
- use wheat grass – the toughest of the lot
- test for juicing efficiency
- clean up after juicing to see how convenient it is
- check for the noise levels
Every aspect of each model should ideally be tested under various real life conditions. Nothing is left to chance. After looking at data from several dozen models, these are the 5 best masticating slow juicers among the lot.
These are the best of the bunch. They are the best masticating juicers that out-juiced their competition.
5 Best Masticating Juicers
Criteria to Get on The List of Best Masticating Juicers
- Ease of use, cleaning and storage
- Affordable and durable
- High juicing efficiency
- Positive feedback on major retailer sites like Amazon
- Great reviews from hobbyists, chefs, juice bar owners
Factors That Influence Buying The Best Masticating Juicer
- Look for augers with strong teeth. These teeth will tear into tough greens and crush stringy roots to extract maximum juice. Also it’s easier for the auger to go through such tough stuff while juicing.
- Durable parts for auger, pulp screen and housing. Stainless steel or other tough materials are ideal for these parts as they take a lot of wear and tear during juicing.
- Versatility. Since we are spending hundreds to thousands of dollars this juicer better do other things like make nut butter or extrude pasta. Yes if you enjoy doing a lot of your own nut butters, pastas, ice creams and more look for additional attachments when buying your choice of best masticating juicer.
- If you want an affordable budget masticating juicer make sure that it juices efficiently with the pulp dry.
- Buy juicers with long warranty periods.
- Slow motor that generates a strong torque to push through the toughest vegetables and fruits.
The best masticating juicer category winners are:
The Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Masticating Juicer is a clear winner in the best masticating juicer category.
The Omega J8006 masticating juicer has been an an Amazon best-seller for some time. After rigorous testing and meticulous measurements this juicer is often shown to offer the best value for money.
The auger is made of a special compound that lasts eight times longer than plastic. Casing is also made of heavy duty plastic coated with chrome finish that is both durable and pleasing on the eye.
Its method of slow juicing ensures that no foaming or heating is generated during the juice extraction process. After the juice passes through the auger it goes through a second pressing process to extract last drop.
All nutrition in the fruit is preserved and you get vitamin-rich juice. Pulp is automatically ejected leading to a smoother and tastier juice. Due to slow-press method juice can be stored for longer time.
This juicer tackles the tough greens like kale and wheatgrass with equal ease as an apple or pear. It is less noisy even when juicing the tough stuff and very easy to clean.
It’s compact and occupies very little counter space. It does other things like grind spices and coffee beans. It almost works as a food processor. Best thing is it comes with a long warranty period.
Breville BJE830BSS Juice Fountain is one of few juicers that is made entirely from stainless steel. It is powerful juicer that can extract juice from apples, oranges to kale and wheat grass.
It is versatile and can be used to make almond milk, carrot juice or even peanut butter. All you need to do put the stuff in to the feeding chute and out comes the juice or butter or whatever you are making.
It is slightly expensive but its versatility and durability makes up for the higher initial cost. Construction is simple and uncomplicated to operate. If you overfill it beeps to warn. It’s juice extraction efficiency is high leaving the pulp dry.
There are separate bins to collect juice and dry pulp. Everything about this juicer is just great. Even the clean up is quick and easy. The juice yield and quality is top rate.
Hurom HU Masticating Slow Juicer uses a single auger and still manages to maximize juicing efficiency with double action.
The first is dedicated to crushing and the second to squeezing the maximum juice from food pulp. With this double step you get the highest juice output from the same amount of ingredients. Compared to centrifugal juicers the yield from this juicer is 50 percent higher.
As there is very little frothing or foaming the juice retains its nutritional profile. It has more flavor and tastes fresher than if you used a centrifugal juicer.
The self-clean option makes cleaning simple. The product is compact and powerful. It operates at slow speeds and the noise level is very low.
This masticating slow juicer is priced slightly on higher side but is also affordable for a masticating juicer. It works great on all fruits, vegetables and wheatgrass but is not so good for kale and spinach.
The GE-made auger has long life and comes with many accessories that make using the juicer easy and convenient. If you have been using a centrifugal juice and want to move to a masticating juicer this is very good first machine to try out.
- What is a masticating juicer machine?
- What is the best slow juicer on the market?
- Which juicer is easiest to clean?
- What is a masticating juicer?